Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice or Microsoft Word file format.
- Where available, DOIs and/or URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The submission is your own work and all material taken from other sources is appropriately attributed.
All rights are retained by submitting authors.
When you publish with Working papers in Applied Linguistics and Linguistics at York (WALLY), you retain your copyright, and grant the journal right of first publication under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial 4.0 International license. You retain the right to modify or republish your article without permission from WALLY, provided you give WALLY credit as the first publisher of the article. If you have any questions about republishing your WALLY article (or related work) please feel free to contact the editors at WALLYEditors@gmail.com
WALLY has adopted the definition of plagiarism as defined in York University’s Senate Policy on Academic Honesty section 2.1.3 “Plagiarism is the misappropriation of the work of another by representing another person’s ideas, writing or other intellectual property as one’s own. This includes the presentation of all or part of another person’s work as something one has written, paraphrasing another’s writing without proper acknowledgement, or representing another’s artistic or technical work or creation as one’s own. Any use of the work of others, whether published, unpublished or posted electronically, attributed or anonymous, must include proper acknowledgement.”
Articles submitted to WALLY must confirm that all work is the author’s own or is accompanied by appropriate citation/attribution/acknowledgement. Any plagiarized material that is detected will be removed from WALLY.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.